Notifications
Clear all

The world of Avalon (in development)  

RSS

Megazorz
(@megazorz)
Dragon Master Admin
07/10/2020 1:37 pm  

The world of Avalon is currently in development. So far featuring around 800-1000 square miles of land mass not including oceans. An ambitious task for such a small dev team. But we want Avalon to be open-end with long range viewing vistas for exploring a discoverable world. Our first major challenge is setting up this huge world to run smoothly. Progress is moving forward at a steady pace. We would love to show you the world, but we don't want potential players to lose that wonderful sense of discovery when exploring it for the first time. As we think about if and how we might reveal the world or like-wise giving players an in-game map. We would like to know how the community feels about that?

We would love to hear you thoughts and comments about the creation of the world of Avalon. And what suggestions and/or thoughts you might have for us? Please reply now!

Lilly liked
Geralt
(@geralt)
Serf
09/10/2020 2:29 pm  

I like the idea of discovering the world organically. Maybe instead of a world map you could feature player purchased maps in-game that reveal the world as you go?

But otherwise, it is kind of hard to say because- traditional MMO's like WoW use world maps and it didn't really take away from the game. Perhaps made it better even, a very good world map that WoW has which has evolved over the years.

Lilly liked
ReplyQuote
Lilly
(@lilly)
Community Manager Moderator
13/10/2020 10:31 pm  

As you may have seen on our website. We have actually now decided to rework the entire world of Avalon again from scratch. Now is the perfect time to get in your suggestions for our Dev team!

Hope to hear from you soon... Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Geralt
(@geralt)
Serf
18/10/2020 7:24 pm  

Reworking the world from scratch? It would be nice to see some large beautiful mountains. So from what I understand you guys are doing a scale model of the united kingdom. So that includes a large amount of variety within itself. From green plains to snow covered mountains in the north. I assume with many fantasy elements thrown in. I imagine a lot of beautiful waterfalls would really spice it up.

ReplyQuote
Share: